C.Chan=Winning Results! AFFORDABLE! 4.7/5 Ratings by Clients Friendly+Affordable!CHICO NEW PH.#530.497-0777

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Technology Addiction--Teens and Even Adults

If you find your child appears overdependent on technology devices or Internet sites--you are likely correct...........for example-- see link below--very relevant and informative........

........

Technology addiction: high-level definition

“Technology addiction” can be broadly defined as an inability to control one’s technology use due to a dependence developed through emotional, psychological, social, environmental, and biological factors. This means that an individual may have difficulty with impulse control when it comes to technology usage, be it the internet, gaming, texting, smartphones, social media, or otherwise.
The above definition is purposefully broad to align “technology addiction” with the more general definition of addiction as provided by the American Psychological Association(APA). The APA defines addiction as: “a chronic disorder with biological, psychological, social and environmental factors influencing its development and maintenance.”

https://www.comparitech.com/internet-providers/technology-internet-addiction/#Social_media_addiction_defined

((There is more to the test, see link..this is just the first part of test...))

Do you have a technology addiction?

Rate each item on a scale of 1 (“completely disagree”) to 7 (“strongly agree”) and tally up your total score to find out. Be honest!
  1. I would feel uncomfortable without constant access to information through my smartphone.
  2. I would be annoyed if I could not look information up on my smartphone when I wanted to do so.
  3. Being unable to get the news (e.g., happenings, weather, etc.) on my smartphone would make me nervous.
  4. I would be annoyed if I could not use my smartphone and/or its capabilities when I wanted to do so.
  5. Running out of battery in my smartphone would scare me.
  6. If I were to run out of credits or hit my monthly data limit, I would panic.
  7. If I did not have a data signal or could not connect to Wi-Fi, then I would constantly check to see if I had a signal or could find a Wi-Fi network.
  8. If I could not use my smartphone, I would be afraid of getting stranded somewhere.
  9. If I could not check my smartphone for a while, I would feel a desire to check it.
NOTE BY ATTORNEY OF THIS FAMILY LAW  BLOG:

In addition, PARENTS that allow their children to over-engage in various technology-related issues could be partially at fault, since the legal custody of children involves the health/welfare of the child.